On 02/10/2012 03:28 AM, Douglas Landgraf wrote:
Hi Dominic,

On 02/09/2012 01:49 PM, Dominic Kaiser wrote:
So I have fixed it! Thanks Itamar! It was chown -R 36:36 /path to my shared folder. I should have looked at the ovirt wiki also: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_NFS_Storage_Issues. So all NFS shares up and my virtual servers are starting.

Hi Dominic,
I had the same "perm denied" issue even after having all the user.group stuff right.
It ended up as VDSM not setting the selinux policy.
It went away for me after running `setsebool virt_use_nfs 1`
Strangely, this is not mentioned in the above troubleshooting guide/link, let me see if i can add it.

Nice! Next time something similar happens, you might want to try nfs-check script: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=vdsm.git;a=commitdiff;h=578cfe90239d5c3f6f11f1fc063c148606e991dc

Thanks!

Hi Doug,
I saw the script, it just gives a hint to check selinux booleans, but doesn't go into specific as to which booleans need to be set. Is there any other place in the ovirt wiki where the selinux booleans are mentioned so that users can map it to their setup and make
changes accordingly to match it as mentioned in the wiki ?