On 02/24/2012 08:59 PM, Nathan Stratton wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
>
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> I think you're using the wrong query with IPA.
>
> Yep, but so far I have not found how to fix ovirt to use the correct one.
>
>> the part of samaccounttype=805306368 should be replaced with
>> objectClass=krbPrincipalAux
>> the part of userprincipalname should be replaced with -
>>
>> krbPrincipalName=nat...@bblinkmind.net
>>
>> So I guess the filter should look like -
>> (&(objectClass=krbPrincipalAux)(krbPrincipalName=nat...@bblinkmind.net))
>
> Yes, I understand the query is wrong, what I don't understand is how to
> make ovirt use the correct query. I started working trying to get LDAP
> to work with my OpenLDAP system and was told that ovirt does not yet
> support it. I asked what was supported and was told to try 389, but ran
> into issues with that so then I was asked to try IPA and now have this
> issue.
>
>> I did not develop the IPA support, however, I checked the file -
>> LdapQueryMetadataFactoryImpl.java and found definitions of the queries
>> for the different providers - what you will see there is that each LDAP
>> provider has its own map of keys to queries - the relevant key is
>> LdapQueryType.getUserByPrincipalName  - so you can see how it is defined
>> in adHashMap and how it is defined in ipaHashMap, and other maps (dsMap
>> , for instance).
>
> I don't have that .java file, I do have the .class. I am new to Java,
> how do I go about modifying ovirt to use the correct query?

Nathan, first of all, please try to run the query I suggested for you -
change the filter to
(&(objectClass=krbPrincipalAux)(krbPrincipalName=nat...@bblinkmind.net))
(I understand you try to query IPA with an external tool - please first
try to use this filter and see if it works.
In my humble opinion, I don't think that you need to change the code, we
need to understand why IPA provider is not "detected".

Yair