On 03/16/2012 03:05 PM, Kyrre Begnum wrote:
Hello,

when creating a new VM from a template, i'd like to pass a hint of some
sort ( perhaps a hostname ) to it so that the internal config managment
system can do the rest of the setup. This should also be programmable
via the REST API, as I want to use it for automated deployments.

Has anyone had success doing this with Ovirt? i can only see two
approaches:

- Put the hint in a floppy / iso and mount it on the VM.
- Hardcode a MAC address and let a DHCP server provide the hostname

did you try the kernel boot options?

Both of these do not seem very optimal to me. I'd appreciate some
thoughts from the community on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,