On 06/24/2012 06:45 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> On 06/24/2012 09:55 AM, Doron Fediuck wrote:
>> On 22/06/12 04:12, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
>>> Getting a log full of error messages like these.
>>>
>>> 2012-06-21 21:03:30,075 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils]
>>> (QuartzScheduler_Worker-90) Failed to decryptData must start with zero
>>> 2012-06-21 21:03:46,235 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils]
>>> (QuartzScheduler_Worker-18) Failed to decryptData must not be longer
>>> than 128 bytes
>>>
>>> What is causing this and what can I do to fix it?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Robert
>> Hi Robert,
>> This really depends on your setup (devel' or yum installed).
>> There are several DB values which are encrypted during the
>> installation which you override
>> by plain text values. In most cases the engine tries to fallback, and
>> use the original value
>> it got despite the error. The question now you should answer, is if
>> you have any other issue.
>> If things seem to work well, than it's an issue of encrypting the
>> relevant values (if needed).
>> If you have other related issues, then setting these values to plain
>> text should use the fallback
>> and resolve the issue.
>>
> There doesn't seem to be any negitive effect other then making the log
> hard to read.  Is there any way to suppress the error?
>
> Thanks
> Robert

Robert, I do suggest that you try further to investigate the root cause
for this.
However, it is possible to modify the configuration not to log this
error - you should be able to define a log4j category at
$JBOSS_HOME/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml (under subsystem
xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:logging:1.1) in such a way that for
EncryptionUtils only FATAL messages will appear at the log (and still, I
suggest that you further try to investigate why this is happening in the
first place).

Yair