On 07/12/2012 03:01 PM, Dominic Kaiser wrote:
So does Fedora 16 have an Ovirt 3.1 repo? It seems best way to do this correct me if I am wrong:
No.  There are no Fedora 16 Repo's

1. Uninstall 3.0
2. engine-cleanup do not drop database
3. Reinstall

Good to go right?  Will this mess with vm's already running etc.
Pretty certain this will break things badly.

The un-test but the way that should work is.

Uninstall oVirt 3.0 do not engine-clean
Upgrade from Fedora 16 to Fedora 17.
Add the beta repo's
yum clean all
Yum install ovirt-engine
Run enginue-upgrade and follow it instructions

Since I was stuck at the DMV all day I haven't had a change to test these instructions at all before doing these steps I would do a full backup of the DB and a snapshot of the system. If you can clone the system and do these steps on a clone even better.

Thanks
Robert

dk