Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the live snapshot I'm using VDSM 4.1, but
I'm getting an error and looks like a qemu version problem. Could it be ?

The best way to make a VM backup is to make an export right ?

Name        : vdsm
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 4.10.0
Release     : 0.42.13.el6
Size        : 2.3 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : vdsm31-dre
Summary     : Virtual Desktop Server Manager

Name        : qemu-kvm
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 2
Version     : 0.12.1.2
Release     : 2.295.el6_3.2
Size        : 1.2 M
Repo        : updates
Summary     : Userspace component of KVM

Regards.
Andres

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Daniel Erez <de...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Andres,
>
> The issue you're encountering when exporting a VM is indeed a bug - should
> be fixed in the next oVirt release.
> Regarding live snapshots, if you're using VDSM 3.1 then it should work
> without any additional upgrading...
> We don't support live VM exporting yet (i.e. cloning a VM from snapshot
> directly to an export domain),
> please feel free to open a RFE on that.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel