On 10/09/2012 12:15 AM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:

On 10/08/2012 10:26 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
On 10/08/2012 11:17 PM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
Aha - cool - thanks! :)

Now, I was also looking at the REST API - is there a simple shell based way to read / query the resulting XML ? Or would you suggest to write python scripts to e.g. start/stop instance, get a list of VMs / their IDs, etc. ?

If you are already planning on Python, why not use the SDK instead of doing REST?
some examples @ http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Testing/PythonApi
Y.

Hi Yaniv,

thanks - had a quick look - is the PyAPI able to get the current usage of the VMs (e.g. Memory/CPU/etc. usage) - it's the main reason (for monitoring & trending) that I need this ..

Thanks!
Alex

It does. The SDK is auto-generated from the REST interface so you can get the statistics sub-collection and use it.
Y.