So far I have been unable to successfully create a bonded interface on ovirt
node 2.5.5-0.1.fc17, either mode 1 or mode 4 (and I will have need of both
going forward).

When I try it, the config fails, but if I log in I see the bonded interface.
Restarting gives the error cannot change config there are still slaves
attached.  Rebooting, eliminates the config and what I had originally come back
(but at least the node is pingable again).

Can someone point me in the right direction here of how to get this feature
working?

Thanks!
jonathan