today i just saw for the first time Clusters – General: Edit Policy button.  i
changed it from nothing to balanced.  googling, it seems that this is for CPU
load amongst the hosts to balance the CPU load of VMs.  the reason I'm asking
is, my test environment is 3 hosts, and 2 of them are leveled up to above 75%
memory usage (both of them complaining on the events console), and nothing
migrating to the 3rd node which currently has 0 VMs.

do i have something incorrectly configured? i was under the assumption that
migrations would happen automatically when host resourced were nearing max (i
assumed this was either CPU or memory)?  on my cluster, i checked the setting
for memory optimization for servers.

is there anything else?  am i not properly understanding the migration theory?
my "guide" link in the upper right does not hyperlink to any docs, so I'm left
to google and i have not found much so far.

thanks for any advice,
jonathan