On 01/03/2013 11:26 PM, Alexandru Vladulescu wrote:

I would like to add a request for the new upper coming version 3.2 if
possible:

Hi Alexandru,

just to note my question was for the post 3.2 version, as 3.2 is basically done.

Although some of you use spice instead of VNC, as I am an Ubuntu user on
my desktop and laptop, spice protocol is not working withing my OS; even
if I tried to build it from source, search unofficial deb packs or
convert if from rpm packages. I know spice is strongly supported on the
Fedora community, but I, myself on the server side work on RH Enterprise
and Centos, but as for desktop use, I have a very hard time make the
spice plugin for firefox to work.

Therefore for my solution I had setup a VNC reflector + some shell
automation to make it work between 2 different subnets (one inside and
one outside) -- this, somehow, adding to the initial scope.

This would have been much more easier to have a VNC proxy inside the
ovirt engine function, from where to make the necessary setups and
assignments of the console to each VM, or even though I might sound
funny to make a solution as vrde on Vbox, because works damn great and
it's easy to setup or change.

Last question, If I might ask, when is the 3.2 planned to be released
(aprox)

last update was here:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-January/011454.html

Thanks,