On 01/16/2013 05:38 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 01/16/2013 05:31 PM, Jithin Raju wrote:
Hi Itamar,

I tried installing windows8 enterprise 32 bit as ovirt guest but
bootloader failed to load with error 0x00005d .
host machine support vt & vt-d.
Same thing is happening while installing windows 8 in centos 6.2 host.
windows8 is not listed in guest support option in ovirt 3.1/rhel 6.3.

some google results showed that its because windows 8 is not supporting IDE.
There is no option for sata controller in any of the above
virtualization solutions.
If its happening due to some other thing could you please let me know
the how to make it work.

first, please open a bug for not allowing IDE device for windows 8 (2012?) OSs
(since 3.2 added them to list of OSs).
second, ronen - are there community available virtio-block drivers for windows
8 Jithin can try to install with?
(Jithin, you would need to attach a virtual floppy (vfd) to the guest during
guest OS install to provide it with the driver).

Win8 support is premature, and we are still working on it. We will publish the
drivers as usual once the drivers are ready.

Ronen.

Thanks,
Jithin

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com