On 15/02/2013 11:01, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
Hi,

Here is a simple question about what is the best practice about the
location of a NFS export domain.

At present, I'm using a server as the oVirt manager, and this server is
also a NFS server for the ISO storage domain.

I'm using another server to serve an NFS export domain, but I'm thinking
of changing that.

Is there any advice against the decision to host the export domain NFS
on the same server as the manager?
For the time being, I will mainly use this export storage domain to
rarely import some p2v imports, but I don't need performance.

Your opinion?

we setup the iso domain on engine just for simplicity of initial install.
it may cause issues if you'll launch too many VMs all trying to install from the ISO domain if your engine isn't beefy enough.