I have a situation where the Active Directory domain I am trying to use as authentication for ovirt lists many servers all around the world.

But... my server running ovirt is sitting behind a firewall that doesn't allow me to access all of them... only the local ones. We do have a "locater dns record" which we can query at a well known name and it will always return the local ip address of the AD server... but if you query the SRV records for the domain it will return all of the servers.

I was able to add the domain using engine-manage-domains, and I tweaked the /etc/ovirt-engine/krb5.conf to only include the local AD servers where we can access, but that doesn't seem to be sufficient.

Not sure if ovirt is querying the dns records on boot to get the list of servers to talk to or not, but it doesn't seem to be using /etc/ovirt-engine/krb.conf for this purpose.

So... is there anyway to manually force it to use a certain server and not have it query dns?

thanks.