Did you add the ovirt repo to the node before deploying it? If not then you may have the older vdsm from the fedora repo.

---
Jeff

On 2/18/2013 5:06 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:
Both the manager and the node are fresh installs of fedora 18, and the node
ovirt install was initiated from the web console (so I don’t see how its
possible I have a downlevel version on the node).

-----Original Message-----
From: Gianluca Cecchi [mailto:gianluca.cec...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 1:12 PM
To: Jonathan Horne
Cc: users@ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [Users] compatibility issue

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Jonathan Horne <jho...@skopos.us> wrote:
Just got 3.2 installed as ovirt node on a fedora 18 install.  After
the reboot, the console now complains with this:

2013-Feb-18, 12:20 Host rnd8 is compatible with versions (3.0,3.1) and
cannot join Cluster Default which is set to version 3.2.

2013-Feb-18, 12:20 Bridged network ovirtmgmt is attached to multiple
interfaces: <UNKNOWN> on Host rnd8.

The server (rnd8)  is a dell 2950 with dual X5460 processors. I never
had to mess with this type of thing in the past on 3.1, is there
something I did not configure on 3.2 that is causing this?  Is a dell
2950 not supported on 3.2?

Thanks,

jonathan

At a certain point during 3.2 development the default became 3.2.
What version is your engine? Did you install ex-novo the engine and the node?
Did you perhaps reuse an ip that for some reason is already allocated in db as
3.1 host?

Probably not me, but others can help you if you give full details of
environment and logs...

Gianluca