ok. so you have 1 NFS data domain which has a template on it and when
you are trying to create a new vm you only have preallocated disk type.

when you open the new vm dialogue, after you select the template, in the
Resource allocation tab you need to select the clone radio button (its
near the Template Provisioning).
once you do that, the allocation policy scroll will become active and
you will be able to select thin or preallocated.

let me know if after you select the clone you still only have preallocated.

On 02/20/2013 06:09 PM, Juan Jose wrote:
> Hello Dafna,
>
> Are you want to say one NFS domain?, I have one for VM aand one isos.
>

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Dafna Ron <d...@redhat.com
> <mailto:d...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     do you have more than one domain?
>

>     On 02/20/2013 05:38 PM, Juan Jose wrote:
>     > Hello everybody,
>     >
>     > I'm following the Quick Start Guide to clone a machine from a
>     Template
>     > that it's already created. As thi guide says it's necessary to
>     select
>     > in Allocation tab from Resource Allocation, Thin Provision. When
>     I try
>     > to do this and down the select field it doesn't appear this
>     option, I
>     > only can see Preallocated. I have oVirt engine 3.1. Can somebody
>     give
>     > some light why I haven't this option in my webadmin?
>     >
>     > Many thanks in avanced,
>     >
>     > Juanjo.