Regards,

--
Nicolas Ecarnot

Le 22/01/2013 10:41, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
Hi Eli,

Le 22/01/2013 00:13, Eli Mesika a écrit :
From: "Nicolas Ecarnot" <nico...@ecarnot.net> To: users@ovirt.org
Here's a simple question : In the "Alerts" message queue at the
bottom of the screen, I see an error message dating from two weeks
(about the failure to verify to restart status of a host). I'm
pretty sure this shouldn't be there anymore, as the power
management of this host has already been tested and approved many
times since.

Hi Nicolas The Alert should be deleted from the Alert View once you
had succeeded to configure & test it successfully If you only
configure it without testing or test failed, only the Alert saying
that PM is not configured for the Host will be deleted. The message
you had noted " failure to verify to restart status of a host" is not
the exact one, can you give please the exact message?

"Failed to verify Host xxxxx Restart status, Please Restart Host xxxxx
manually."

The tests I did on power management, either via the test button, or via
some actions, including power up, reboot, are all reacting well.

I'm close to think there is actually NO problem, except this old log msg.

I haven't find any trivial way to flush this message queue, and I
was wondering whether it was stored in a database?

Yes, it is stored in the database.

Is there a way to clear these error messages? (Am I right with the
db location?)

The table holding all those messages is called audit_log, deleting
from this table manually is not recommended. The table has also a
auto-clean mechanism controlled by the AuditLogAgingThreashold
configuration value that is set by default to 30 days. this value may
be modified using the engine-config tool (requires restart of the
engine to take place)

Ok, so either I wait 15 more days for this msg to disapear, either I
find the adequate config command line to shorten it, and restart.

Ok, this is enough for me. Thank you for your explanation.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Ecarnot