Still having trouble with the build process (Ovirt 3.1):
$ sudo make
... (success) ...
$ sudo make install
  inflating:
/usr/local/share/ovirt-engine/engine.ear/webadmin.war/META-INF/maven/org.ovirt.engine.ui/webadmin/pom.xml

  inflating: /usr/local/share/ovirt-engine/engine.ear/webadmin.war/404.html

checkdir error:  /usr/local/share/ovirt-engine/engine.ear/engine-bll.jar
exists but is not directory
                 unable to process
engine-bll.jar/org/ovirt/engine/core/bll/VdsDeploy$32.class.
checkdir error:  /usr/local/share/ovirt-engine/engine.ear/engine-bll.jar
exists but is not directory
                 unable to process
engine-bll.jar/org/ovirt/engine/core/bll/InitBackendServicesOnStartupBean.class.
make: *** [install_artifacts] Error 2

any insights?

Thanks...