On 27/02/2013 15:19, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

     userportal: spice client properties

     Added the "Enable WAN Options" checkbox to the
     edit console popup. It is visible, when all of
     the following conditions are met:
     - the selected VM is a windows VM
     - the spice is available
     - the spice radio button is selected
     - the spice guest agent is installed on the VM

     If the above conditions are met, and the checkbox is
     checked, the "WANDisableEffects" and "WANColorDepth"
     from the vdc_options table are set to the spice plugin
     as the "DisableEffects" and "ColorDepth" properties.

     In other case, nothing is set to the "DisableEffects"
     and "ColorDepth" properties.

In my case

     - the selected VM is a windows VM --> OK
     - the spice is available --> OK
     - the spice radio button is selected --> OK

     - the spice guest agent is installed on the VM
here on oVirt we don't have the proprietary spice guest agent but
spice-guest-tools-0.3.exe that install several things and also spice
guest agent
(cut and paste works for example)
Can we say OK also to the latest point or do I need anything only
present in proprietary agent package?
In the first case it is a sort of bug (for example the check for agent
needs to be changed...?), in the second one ok, I have understood the
reason.

Thanks,
Gianluca

this should work for ovirt as well, the check is only that there is no driver:
          // If it is not windows or SPICE guest agent is not installed, make
sure the WAN options are disabled.
           if (!getEntity().getvm_os().isWindows() ||
getEntity().getSpiceDriverVersion() == null) {
               getspice().setIsWanOptionsEnabled(false);
           }

and the driver name is based on ConfigValues.SpiceDriverNameInGuest, so please check the value you have there and compare to the name in the guest.

    public static void UpdateVmGuestAgentVersion(final VM vm) {
        if (vm.getAppList() != null) {
            final String[] parts = vm.getAppList().split("[,]", -1);
            if (parts != null && parts.length != 0) {
                final String agentAppName = Config.<String>
GetValue(ConfigValues.AgentAppName);
                final Map<String, String> spiceDriversInGuest =
                        Config.<Map<String, String>>
GetValue(ConfigValues.SpiceDriverNameInGuest);
                final String spiceDriverInGuest =

spiceDriversInGuest.get(ObjectUtils.toString(vm.getOs().getOsType()).toLowerCase());

                for (final String part : parts) {
                    if (StringUtils.containsIgnoreCase(part, agentAppName)) {
                        vm.setGuestAgentVersion(GetApplicationVersion(part,
                                agentAppName));
                    }
                    if (StringUtils.containsIgnoreCase(part,
                            spiceDriverInGuest)) {
                        vm.setSpiceDriverVersion(GetApplicationVersion(part,
                                spiceDriverInGuest));
                    }
                }
            }