So you have a block device in NFS server to be extended from 200 to 50GB? I think you should extend both the block device and the file system on the block device in the server side. To oVirt, it doesn't save the size in storage domain' meta-data and I believe the size is only stored in the engine server. The only issue is before the engine refresh its metadata in the next time, there is a window with the meta-data out of sync. Please let us know if it is successful.

Jonathan Horne:

What would happen if the export domain (via NFS) was extended (say, while the server was doing a reboot?) id like to extend the space of my export domain from 200 to 500GB (with lvm commands).

How will ovirt react to finding the size of the export domain changed? Pleased or unpleased?

Thanks,

jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

---
?? Shu Ming
Open Virtualization Engineerning; CSTL, IBM Corp.
Tel: 86-10-82451626  Tieline: 9051626 E-mail: shum...@cn.ibm.com or
shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC