if you create a vm from the user portal permissions on the vm will be
automatically given to the creator of the vm.
however, if you create it from the Admin portal with admin user no
permissions will be given.

you can see that by selecting the vm in the admin portal and looking at
the permissions tab.
for a vm created in the admin portal no permissions are given and for
vm's in the user portal you can see that permissions are given to the
admin user.

There is logic behind this... if you as admin want to create a vm for
personal use you don't want to see every vm created in the system right?
so you can create the vm from the user portal or give a vm permissions
and use the user portal to manage your personal vm's.

On 03/20/2013 06:30 PM, supo...@logicworks.pt wrote:
> I cannot see the VMs but I can create a VM and after that I only can
> see that specific VM, start and stop.

> *De: *"Gianluca Cecchi" <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
> *Para: *supo...@logicworks.pt
> *Cc: *"Maor Lipchuk" <mlipc...@redhat.com>, "users" <Users@ovirt.org>
> *Enviadas: *Quarta-feira, 20 de Março de 2013 16:14:31
> *Assunto: *Re: [Users] User Portal
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM,  wrote:
> > But by default I have access to the user portal with admin!
> >

> Yes, I meant that admin is not authorized to run any VM.
> You connect but you don't see any VM to power on or display in user
> portal.
> You have to give permissions to admin for the VM to be able to see
> then it inside user portal (at least UserRole)
>
> Gianluca

Dafna Ron