Hi Ernest,

as suggested by Oved, I definitely recommend to check out oVirt UI Plugins
feature first.

From API perspective, here's what you can currently do with UI Plugins:
- add custom {main|sub} tab, modify its content URL, set its accessibility
- add custom {button|contextMenuItem|both} to existing data grid
- show custom dialog, modify its content URL, close the dialog

Custom columns in existing WebAdmin data grids is an interesting requirement
for UI Plugins, we should consider implementing it.

Plugin API proposal:

    api.addMainTabTextColumn(

        // entityTypeName
        'VirtualMachine',

        // headerText
        'My Column',

        // columnInterface
        {
            getValue: function(entity) {
                // In this case, entity is VM.
                // Return value should be string.
                return 'test-' + entity.id;
            },

            width: '200px'
        }

    );

(Similar thing could be done for other kinds of columns, e.g. percentage
column.)

For custom columns whose values are computed asynchronously, we could support
API such as:

    api.redrawMainTabTable('VirtualMachine');

Regards,
Vojtech