Which type of storage domain was in your engine? NFS? iSCSI? or other types?
Andy Singleton:
Problem resolved.

The clue was obviously in the engine.log (FSCK error) but I couldn't see what was needing an fsck or why this would prevent the storage of every vm from being mounted.
I still dont understand the whole of the ovirt storage mechanism.

More information was in the node vdsm.log - It pointed here. /dev/mapper/9ed5a2fe--ae4c--433f--a15f--2c710ed5156f-master

One fsck later problem resolved.

Thanks
Andy

---
舒明 Shu Ming
Open Virtualization Engineerning; CSTL, IBM Corp.
Tel: 86-10-82451626  Tieline: 9051626 E-mail: shum...@cn.ibm.com or
shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC