Hi,

You can use a cluster software like pacemaker or RH Cluster to make your
ovirt-engine high available.

I personally recommend to virtualise it on a KVM host, as keeping
virtual machines high available is much easier then making all services
ovirt-engine need high available (but it's possible for sure).

So what happens when your engine hosts goes down:
- You can't login into webadmin and user portals
- high availability and live migration features of your virtual machines
aren't working
- You can't start/deploy new virtual machines
- Your hosts and virtual machines that are already running stay up of
course

As clustering brings in more complexity I would use a server with RAID,
redundant power supplies and redundant network interfaces (bonding) for
ovirt-engine instead of clustering. Only when using desktop
virtualization where availabilty of the user portal is really important
I would cluster ovirt-engine.
(But this is just my personal opinion)

Regards,
René