On 04/20/2013 10:52 PM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:

On 20 Apr 2013, at 22:42, Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 03/29/2013 04:58 AM, Thomas Scofield wrote:
I have run into a scenario after installing the client agent.  If a VM
is shutdown, the client agent calls the shutdown command with a 1 minute
timeout.

Dummy-2::INFO::2013-03-28
14:05:21,892::vdsAgentLogic::138::root::Shutting down (timeout = 30,
message = 'System Administrator has initiated shutdown of this Virtual
Machine. Virtual Machine is shutting down.'

Since the shutdown command is called with time parameter the VM sets the
/etc/nologin file. When the VM is forced down the /etc/nologin file is
not cleared and when it comes back up only root can login until the
/etc/nologin file is cleared.
hmmm, Vinzenz - should guest agent clear that on guest startup, if guest agent
set this at shutdown?
It's not guest agent, "shutdown" does it. It behaves the same on real hw

Is their some some reason the shutdown time is set to 30 seconds
(rounded up to 1 minute in the code)?  Are there any know issues with
setting this to 0?
Vinzenz - if we are rounding up - is this a bug?
possibly yes
Sounds pretty much like a bug to me

Is this the right way to change it to 0?
psql engine postgres -c "update vdc_options set option_value = '0' where
option_name = 'VmGracefulShutdownTimeout';"
notmally the grace period is there for other users to react befor shutdown starts. I
wonder if it's that much relevant here.., if we assume single user most of the time 0
(i.e. "now") should be ok

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com