On 05/09/2013 04:04 PM, Oved Ourfalli wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oved Ourfalli" <ov...@redhat.com>
To: "Romil Gupta" <romilgupt...@gmail.com>
Cc: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:39:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Users] Openstack Quantum , Cinder and Glance integration with
oVirt.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Itamar Heim" <ih...@redhat.com>
To: "Romil Gupta" <romilgupt...@gmail.com>, "Oved Ourfalli"
<oourf...@redhat.com>
Cc: "Mike Kolesnik" <mkole...@redhat.com>, "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:22:45 PM
oVirt.

On 05/09/2013 09:34 AM, Romil Gupta wrote:
Thanks Mike , I have already gone through the links you suggested above.
As of now I am more interested to know about Cinder and glance
integration with oVirt. It would be a great help if you share some
references over this.

Hi Romil,

please note the quantum, glance and cinder integration allow ovirt to
consume these services.
from what i understood from the blueprint approach you took, you want
openstack to consume ovirt.

for glance, ovirt will allow to import glance images as templates, but
to easily launch openstack instances on ovirt, your glance-ovirt-driver
seems a better solution.

for cinder, will take more time for ovirt to support a cinder storage
domain, but if you want to use openstack with cinder-ovirt-driver, so a
nova-ovirt-driver will be able to use the 'cinder' volumes from ovirt, i
think oved can share his POC code for this.

Romil, if you indeed need that one, let me know.
It has been a while since I touched it so need to track it down, and do some
cleanups and stuff there before I send it to you,

See POC files in https://github.com/oourfali/openstack-ovirt-driver

It is of course a POC, thus contains only with limited functionality.
We used FOLSOM when we wrote that one.
Let me know if you have questions about that.

Romil - the POC above expects the glance image to pre-exist as a template (by same name). I think your glance driver for ovirt to directly show the ovirt template from ovirt is a better approach.