On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 12:29 -0400, Mike Burns wrote:
> On 09/18/2013 10:41 AM, Alan Johnson wrote:
> > Thanks, Dave!
> >
> > I have had one such reply off list.  Are you encouraging them to post on
> > list despite the commercial nature of the response?
> >

> I think we'd be very interested in getting them involved in the
> community.  I wasn't aware of any other support options around oVirt
> other than the RHEV product suite from Red Hat.

That's very interesting as most other projects sometimes react not
really cool if users/companies announce commercial services.

The company I'm working for / I co-founded (company name ovido - located
in Vienna, Austria) is offering professional services for amongst others
Linux, monitoring and virtualization like consulting, trainings but we
also support these installations. Our main virtualization focus is RHEV,
but for some customers oVirt is - for various reasons - the solution
which fits better their need.

As we really like oVirt and RHEV we try to spread out the word with
magazine articles or presentations on open source events (mainly in
Austria and Germany). Besides this I started open sources project like
the check_rhev3 Nagios/Icinga plugin and the ui plugin for
Icinga/Nagios. What we don't do is announce our offering of commercial
services in an obvious way in mailing lists.

Regards,
René