Hallo Peter,
Hello Itamar,

Thank you for responding. The only machine i have is my Windows 7 pc (Intel i7,
16Gb ram). I'm running the manager in Virtualbox and want to run the hypervisor
in Virtualbox or VMware Workstation, just for study purposes. I'm using RHEL6
for the manager and wanted to use it for the Hypervisor as well. So,
unfortunatly i don't have an extra physical machine available.

I have same machine specs @home and have installed Fedora 19 on a separate partition to play with oVirt. Depending on where you place your VMs you don't need much room for that. Isos you can leave on your Windows drive(s) and if you have a NAS you can put the VM storage (NFS) on it. If not then you can use thin provisioning to keep the size down but anything from 50-100G will get you a decent working oVirt installation on either Fedora 19 or Centos-6.4 Running a complete ovirt env in virtualbox is not possible since you can't have nested virt on Virtualbox. The engine will run but you will have nothing to play around with! A nested virt env using a core i7 work quite well so it might be worth the trouble and time spent on installing fedora/centos on a new partition and start using dual boot. With an all-in-one setup you can do nested virt. Beware Centos needs a newer kernel than the 2.6.32.abc. Look at the elrepo repository for newer, upto 3.11.x.

Regards,

Joop