From: "Chris Geddings" <chris.geddi...@duke.edu>
To: "Assaf Muller" <amul...@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:26:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Users] Default route on hosts

On Nov 12, 2013, at 3:32 AM, Assaf Muller <amul...@redhat.com> wrote:

> oVirt 3.3 introduced a feature called multiple gateways which may assist you.
> If you configured a gateway on the public network (Either statically via oVirt
> or via DHCP), then all traffic into the hosts through their public network
> NIC will be returned via that nic, *even though* the host's default gateway is
> ovirtmgmt's gateway.

So, interestingly or not, when I define a gateway on the public interface
(through the web management interface or DHCP), and I don't worry about making
the
DEFROUTE=yes setting in my "public" network, the box behaves like it has an
incorrect default route.  Now, my management network has a gateway
of 0.0.0.0, as it is a completely simple network, so that may be part of the
problem. I'm not sure the impact of a 0.0.0.0 as a gateway.

I'm not sure how to poke at this further to figure out where the breakage is.
Routing looks like it has gotten a little more complex, and I'm still operating
with
'netstat -rn' and 'route add foo' type commands.

--Chris