On 01/18/2014 12:30 AM, David Li wrote:
This time I tried to use "spice html5 browser client". I downloaded the cert from
http://<my-engine>/ovirt-engine/ca.crt. This time the console window " spice javascript
client" showed up in the firefox (24.2.0) but it stays gray. Nothing can be seen.

So what else am I missing here?

just to rule out things:
- is the geust working correctly for you (ssh?)
- does it happen to consume 100% cpu?
- does vnc work for you correctly for this guest?

----- Original Message -----
From: Michal Skrivanek <michal.skriva...@redhat.com>
To: David Li <david...@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Meital Avital <mavi...@redhat.com>; Einav Cohen <eco...@redhat.com>; Omer Frenkel <ofren...@redhat.com>;
"users@ovirt.org List" <users@ovirt.org>; "d...@redhat.com Ron" <d...@redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Users] Blank VM Install Console

On Jan 17, 2014, at 09:59 , Dafna Ron <d...@redhat.com> wrote:

  well, I have to admit that it has been a while since I tried logging in to
a vm console from a Windows OS :)
  Adding some people to this which I think can help more than me...

  On 01/17/2014 12:58 AM, David Li wrote:
  Well, it didn't even have any traces to tell me if it's
installed. I am supposed to see these according to the instruction but none of
them showed up.

      * IE will prompt you with "This website wants to install the
following add-on SpiceX.cab... proceed by clicking the arrow on the install
button and choose "Install for All Users of this computer".
      * Depending on the version of IE a UAC dialog may pop up asking you
if you want to allow "SpiceX.cab" If it does not Click on the install
spice button again and it will.
      * In the UAC dialog click on the yes button.
      * The install will now proceed in the background.

  I am using W7 64bit with IE11. My engine is running on a RHEL6 machine.

IE11 doesn't really work as of now.
Try some more reasonable browser, IE10 would be also fine.

activex setup requires some manual work as mentione at
How_to_Connect_to_SPICE_Console_With_Portal wiki
native invocation (that file to download you got) is easier, just associate with
recent remote viewer and it should open
it works on Windows, Linux and OSX (needs https://github.com/brianwcook/launchvv
in addition)

check out http://www.ovirt.org/Console_Client_Resources