On 02/09/2014 10:40 PM, Moti Asayag wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Satya Vempati" <svemp...@tintri.com>
To: "Moti Asayag" <masa...@redhat.com>
Cc: users@ovirt.org
Sent: Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:42:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Users] Adding a VMNIC via the REST api returns no error, but the
NIC isn't added

Thanks for the reply. Should have noted it earlier, I am using
3.3.0-0.38.rc.el6ev.

I am chiefly concerned that no error is thrown when a nic isn¹t added, so
when I am doing this programmatically I wouldn¹t be able to discover that
the operation failed.

I just tried the same example and got the following error:

<fault>
<reason>Operation Failed</reason>
<detail>
[Cannot add Interface. There is no VM network interface profile for the network
the user can use. - Please use a VM network interface profile instead of a
network name.]
</detail>
</fault>

Where you using the restapi directly or used the SDK for posting that request ?
Please provide the steps to reproduce this issue, since i wasn't able to
experience the same behavior.

Moti - isn't this a regression to the API as this call should have worked as-is pre-3.3 vnic profiles?