On 02/18/2014 04:55 PM, Shahar Havivi wrote:
On 18.02.14 17:56, Tejesh M wrote:
I want to assign random password for Administrator & IP address through
API, as we did for Linux OS using Cloud-init.
You suppose to run it via the API as you run regular VM (start action) and set
the values in
the body:
do a PUT method to:
http://[HOST]:[PORT]/api/vms/[VM-GUID]/start

The body of the method:
<action>
<vm>
  <domain>
     <user_name>.. </user_name>
     <password>... </password>
  </domain>
</vm>
</action>

that's for the user/password to join the domain, not to set the admin password of the machine. Tejesh - you can set this password for all machines via the config though. but for per-machine, you'd need to:
1. open an RFE.
2. workaround: pass the entire syspref.inf file as a floppy payload (hmmm, i can't remember if we support floppy payload or not)

This is suppose to be the equivalent to to RunOnce
For more fields and option look at the rsdl file:
http://[HOST]:[PORT]/api?rsdl