Hi Robert,

actually, what you are asking for should not be limited only to a sub-set
of objects filtered by tag; we should allow batch operations on any sub-
set of objects, filtered by tags, object name, object's cluster-description
and/or cpu-consumption.

bulk operations are available today, typically on actions that don't
require a dialog interaction (other than confirmation dialog, maybe),
e.g. Run VM, Stop VM, Maintenance/Activate Host, etc.

per your example: granting user permissions on an object is done
in the context of the Permissions sub-tab of that object.
today, sub-tabs are displayed/associated only with a single item,
hence sub-tab operations are performed in the context of that single item.
one way of resolving what you are asking for is to change the sub-tabs to
support displaying data and performing actions in the context of multiple
items, rather than a single item.
We can also try and find other solutions for this particular problem,
however these solutions will require making the 'Add Permissions" action
available from another location/context in the GUI (e.g. the VMs main-tab,
rather than / in addition to the Permissions sub-tab, in which the 'Add
Permission' action is available today).

please feel free to open an RFE on this issue:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=oVirt

Thanks.