Hi,

well basically the left pane, where I have to click through
"system->DC->etc" is plain useless to me.

I always go via the top tabs and then select the sub entity
I want to have.

So there are to many ways you can configure the same setting.

Example:
Adding a logical network

You can click:

"System->Your_DC->Networks->...wait..for..loading..->New"
or
"System" then click the "Networks" tab
(you have no long loading animation! :) ) -> "New"
(now you have of course to select the correct DC).

the latter is faster.

So I would omit this whole tree style stuff and just
kick it out.

It's not fast, and you often have to click through the tree
so I use just "System" selected in the tree and then select
the tabs I want.

Additional confusion:

When you did not select "system" and then want to use the
main tabs, you get just displayed what is appropriate for
the sub-tree of "system"..

It's just plain useless duplication of functionality imho.

Am 18.03.2014 11:29, schrieb Itamar Heim:
> Hi,
>
> we are brainstorming on what should we change in the oVirt UI for 4.0.
> for current brainstorming phase, "anything goes" - i.e., I'd like us to
> ignore current limitations and flows, and envision/fantasize the
> "perfect solution".
>
> SO - what do YOU think we should consider for 4.0 UI concept, flows, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>    Itamar

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen