On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 05:44:35PM -0400, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 05/08/2014 02:54 PM, Darrell Budic wrote:
> >Anyone gotten the SRIOV hook to work with Solar Flare 10g cards? Any advice?
> >
> >I've gotten the hooks installed on my host nodes, and added a string to my
> >engine. The card is up in SRIOV "mode" on the host and virtual instances are
> >available. I can see the hooks running in the vdsm logs, but can't tell what
> >they are doing from there. They are not attaching the sriov card instance to
> >my VM though, so I'm at a loss.
>
> you can compare the generated livirt xml send to qemu by vdsm and
> compare to what you expected to happen by the hook.

You may also share the bit of vdsm.log from vmCreate until failure.

> >As an aside, it'd be really nice to have hooks register with the engine and
> >add proper custom strings to the setup. Failing that, some explicit
> >documentation on EXACTLY what string should be used for the hook would be
> >nice. My first pass at it resulted in an improper string that caused my host
> >to crash/hang and reboot when I attempted to start a VM with it the first
> >time.
>
> each hook has a README - maybe send a patch to elaborate more on the
> one not clear enough to you?

I think that Darrel means something like

    Bug 1086329 - [RFE] semi-automatic hook registration

(or maybe a bit less fancy). It would be cool to add some introspection
to the hook framework, so that Engine learns about available hooks and
their custom properties from the nodes.