On 05/26/2014 06:22 PM, Grant Tailor wrote:
Well i just want each physical node to have some independencies. I will
already take backups and snapshots so don't need live migration and all
the HA features.

What does glusterfs does actually? I have heard of it but never really
know its use.

With GlusterFS you can create a NAS out of standard x86 hardware. E.g. you have 4 nodes with 1TB of local storage each you create a distributed-replicated GlusterFS-volume which has a size of 2TB, but it still works fine even if 2 nodes fail.

See gluster.org for more detailed information: http://www.gluster.org/about/

Also PLEASE how do i go ahead and setup ovirt to use the "LOCAL STORAGE"
of the physical nodes?

Simply put your host into maintenance mode (Host - Maintenance) and select "Configure Local Storage" afterwards. You have to specify a folder which should contain your vm disk images on this host and oVirt configures the storage domain for you.

Thanks

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 3:51 AM, René Koch <rk...@linuxland.at