Le 02/06/2014 13:25, Shahar Havivi a écrit :
On 02.06.14 13:07, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
Le 01/06/2014 20:00, Shahar Havivi a écrit :
On 01.06.14 11:20, Omer Frenkel wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathanaël Blanchet" <blanc...@abes.fr>
To: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 6:49:34 PM
Subject: [ovirt-users] yaml  cloud-init custom scripts

Hello,

I've been unsuccessfully trying to make work a custom yalm script with the
cloud-init option in 3.4.1.
All other native UI parameters are correctly configured (hostname...)

My goal is to change the keyboard layout:
write_files:
- content: |
# My new /etc/sysconfig/keyboard file
KEYTABLE="fr"
MODEL="pc105"
LAYOUT="fr"
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
path: /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
permissions: '0644'

I can't see what is wrong and there is nothing into cloud-init logs on the
guest (/var/log/clou-init-output.log).
isn't it in /var/log/cloud-init.log ?

Is it possible to see the whole yalm file generated by the engine somewhere?

the cloud init data is attached to the vm as a cd-rom
you can mount it locally and look inside the drive name is config-2 (look for
it with blkid)
for me on fedora 19 it always appear in /dev/sr1
First look at the mounted content as Omer suggested and take a look if the YAML
output as you expected.
You can also try to set the data that is written in the "custom script"
commit:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=commit;h=d46ebd8712f369b924e199b82197e59568a686ff
see if adding this content is working for your setup:
write_files:
-   content: |
         # some file content
     path: /root/myfile

This sample was tested and worked under RHEL 6 and Fedora 19.
Please note that you need to add a tab/4 spaces as shown above.

What OS and what version of cloud-init you are using?
that's it, I finally managed to make it work after many an many tests, that
wasn't so trivial.
First I followed your advices and I successfully tested the sample script
you suggested without modify it. Then each time I attempted to add a line to
the same file, it wasn't executed anymore. I read the file with cat -T
/media/openstack/latest/user_data and then noticed that the lines weren't
uniformly formated : some were with tab and other ones with 8 spaces.
Following "Please note that you need to add a tab/4 spaces as shown above" I
added tab on every lines related to content of the file, but it didn't work.
I began again with only 8 spaces and then it ran.
Seems YAML to be very format sensitive and it is not clear enough when
begining this kind of job, so that I hope my leak will help many other ones.
I think the custom script field in the UI is not helpful because it is
impossible to insert a line, when doing a CR it leads to the end of file,
and it is a behaviour which easily leads to format error. It could be a good
idea to refuse validating OK if any tab is detected there.
Can I have your feeling about this?
The problem was the CR at the end of the "custom script" field, or any CR?
any CR in the field leads to the end on the script
--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau
Pôle exploitation et maintenance