Nathanaƫl Blanchet wrote:
Hi all,

I created 3 clusters in unique datacenter. I installed my hosts to the first one after activating the gluster service in the cluster tab. A expected otopi installed then the vdsm-gluster rpm and everything were ok for this first cluster. The other ones weren't initially gluster ready and I wanted to activate the service after installing the host (so they were without vdsm-gluster package). But checking that item didn't do anything for these hosts, so that I had to manually install vdsm-gluster package. Then, when creating a volume, the UI told me that hosts couldn't communicate. So I had to manually probe them. This leads me to that question : is it an expected behaviour? The whole gluster job (installing appropriated package and probing peers in the cluster) should be done thanks to the UI cluster tab "gluster service". A last question : why isn't it possible to probe host on different clusters in the same datacenter, could be very useful.
After checking the checkbox for gluster services you'll need to migrated all vms from a host and put it into maintenance then use the re-install link and the needed packages will be downloaded and installed and a peer probe will be done. After that reactivate the host and proceed to the next one. One caveat found: chkconfig glusterd on isn't executed. You'll need to do that by hand and also start the service or restart the server while in maintenance mode.

Joop