Sven Kieske wrote:
+1 from me, this should work without manual tweaking (except for live
snapshots).

Am 09.06.2014 20:32, schrieb Joop:
If you install a minimal Centos-6.5 and add the ovirt repository and
then add the host using the webui of engine then it will install all
needed packages (vdsm/libvirt/kvm) and you're done. You can then replace
the standard qemu with the one that will do live snapshots. Depending on
where you're storage is located you shouldn't have to tinker with
memberships etc.

Looking at this again I would like the webui install process to add the repo too :-) If engine-setup is up to date it could know the location of the ovirt-repo.rpm and install it automatically. There is probably a very good reason why it doesn't do this since I can't imagine I'm the first one to think about this.

Joop