Hi all --

I'm trying to get fencing squared away in my cluster of hp dl-380 servers,
which come with ilo4. I was able to get a successful status check from
the command line with fence_ilo4, but not w/ the ilo4 option in ovirt.

I see, though, that ilo4 in ovirt just maps to fence_ipmilan, and I was
not able to get a successful status check w/ fence_ipmilan from the cli.

So, I tried resetting the mapping so that ilo4 maps to ilo4. Now I can
complete the power management test in ovirt, but I imagine there's some
reason why ovirt isn't configured this way by default.

Will fencing actually work for me with ilo4 mapped to ilo4, rather than
to ipmilan?

Thanks, Jason

---

Jason Brooks