All:

The Red Hat ECS team has made a great effort to convert some of the more
important downstream documentation to a MediaWiki format that we can post on
oVirt.org as an official set of user- and admin-facing documentation. This is
being done as a bootstrapping effort to get our upstream documentation up to
date and take a big step towards making the upstream documentation the
canonical source for documentation in the near future.

Before that can happen, we need to get this RHEV-oriented information ported
over to oVirt nomenclature and screenshots taken for oVirt and added to the
documents as well.

I have placed the three guides

* Administration Guide[1]
* User's Guide[2]
* Installation Guide[3]

on the oVirt site as unlinked pages. General wording has been changed from RHEV
to oVirt, but not always. Each of these documents must be reviewed and
completely adapted to oVirt 3.4 before they can be posted as official
documentation. Specifically:

* Review all text to ensure proper steps and descriptions for oVirt features
and procedures
* Review all text to remove downstream-specific text
* Review all code for changes in package names on on-screen displays
* Replace all downstream RHEV screenshots with upstream oVirt 3.4 screenshots
(Max width: 1024px)

I will be stepping through these documents to edit them in more detail under
these guidelines, but help is most assuredly needed, in order to get this done
in a timely manner. oVirt.org wiki users can visit these pages, review them,
and add their changes. MediaWiki has limited version control, so it would be
best to edit sections instead of entire documents, to minimize stepping on
others' changes. Editing by section will also help us track the sections that
have been edited, using the pages' histories.

Thank you in advance for all of your help on this project... when finished,
this will represent a significant improvement to oVirt's documentation, and
make oVirt that much easier to use.

Peace,
Brian

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/DraftAdministrationGuide