Hi Tibor,

It all depends on if you can risk the chance of downtime.
Buying a couple larger HDD's is probably cheaper than spending a couple of hours of your time on it when things break. You could have one node down permanently, replace it completly and heal the volume
(http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.4:_Brick_Restoration_-_Replace_Crashed_Server)

During this time the cluster is at risk and performance will suffer during healing. I think if you use the same data disk healing will be quick though.

Kind regards,

Jorick Astrego
Netbulae B.V.