----- Original Message -----

Sorry, I was very excited about the news, so I forgot to answer the rest.
I agree about "user portal" - sounds good to begin with.
Another idea I had in the past is to have an app (push-based) that will push
events to a special client.
We will have a push sever that will get notifications from the event notifier,
and this server will push the events to registered clients.

> > I'd like to see an official subproject started that coordinates our
> > mobile efforts.
> >
> > Is this possible? What would it take to start it?

What do you mean "is that possible"? technically sounds feasible to me (well,
we'll need to figure out about the console, but an mgmt app without the
console, why not?) )