Hi all,

We already have quite a lot of open ovirt-hosted-engine-setup bugs for 3.6 [1].

Yesterday I tried helping someone on irc who planned to migrate to hosted-engine
manually, and without knowing (so it seems) that such a feature exists. He had
an engine set up on a physical host, prepared a VM for it, and asked about
migrating
the engine to the VM. In principle this works, but the final result will be a
hosted-engine, where the engine manages a VM the runs itself, without knowing
it,
and without HA.

The current recommended migration flow is described in [2]. This page is perhaps
a bit outdated, perhaps missing some details etc., but principally works. The
main
issue with it, AFAICT after discussing this a bit with few people, is that it
requires a new clean host.

I'd like to hear what people here think about such and similar flows.

If you already had an engine and migrated to hosted-engine, what was good, what
was bad, what would you like to change?

If you plan such a migration, what do you find missing currently?

[1] http://red.ht/1vle8Vv
[2] http://www.ovirt.org/Migrate_to_Hosted_Engine

Best,
--