There was a discussion on this list a year or so ago about this. I believe one of the developers responded that oVirt has no facility to start VMs on a boot, and explained why....

I use the following 2 scripts to start VMs automatically when my AIO host reboots for whatever reason. The Python script was grabbed from somewhere on the net, I don't remember where anymore.
I run the first script out of cron every 15 minutes.

#!/bin/bash

VMSTART="vm1 vm2 vm...."

for vm in ${VMSTART}
do
echo "Do I need to start  ${vm}"
/root/bin/vm_up ${vm}
if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then
TEXT="VM ${vm} needed starting"
echo "${TEXT}"
echo "${TEXT}" | mailx -s "${TEXT}" r...@domain.com
fi
done

#!/usr/bin/python

import sys, string
from time import sleep

from ovirtsdk.api import API
from ovirtsdk.xml import params

VERSION = params.Version(major='3', minor='0')

URL =           'https://host.domain/api'
USERNAME =      'admin@internal'
PASSWORD =      'passwd'
CA_FILE = '/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem'

VM_NAME = sys.argv[1]

api = API(url=URL, username=USERNAME, password=PASSWORD, ca_file=CA_FILE)

try:
     if api.vms.get(VM_NAME).status.state != 'up':
         print 'Starting VM'
         api.vms.get(VM_NAME).start()
         print 'Waiting for VM to reach UP status'
         while api.vms.get(VM_NAME).status.state != 'up':
             sleep(1)
         sys,exit(1)
     else:
         print 'VM already up'
     sys.exit(0)
except Exception as e:
     print 'Failed to Start VM:\n%s' % str(e)