On 01/19/2015 04:05 PM, s k wrote:
No, all the Storage Domains are attached,they are active and have VMs
running on the same DC.

re-init DC is for emergency after you lost all your SD's and allows you to choose a data domain not yet attached to any DC. just deactivate the domains you won't won't to be master domains and engine will elect another domain as master.

 > Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:01:16 -0500
 > From: mbur...@redhat.com
 > To: sokratis1...@outlook.com
 > CC: users@ovirt.org
 > Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Remove Master Data Domain in oVirt 3.5.0
 >
 > So that means you have configured your other storage domains under
another DC, but you haven't configured them on the relevant DC, cause
'There are no compatible Storage Domains to attach to this Data Center'
 > Or they are Detached from DC.

Center. Please add new Storage from the Storage tab.

 > > Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 07:02:28 -0500
 > > From: mbur...@redhat.com
 > > To: sokratis1...@outlook.com
 > > CC: users@ovirt.org
 > > Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Remove Master Data Domain in oVirt 3.5.0
 > >
 > > Hi Sokratis,
 > >
 > > You can go to Data Center main tab, choose relevant DC, click right
click on the DC, choose 'Re-Initialize Data Center', in this window you
can choose another compatible Storage Domain and choose him to be your
master Data Storage Domain.

 > > Michael B

decommission the underlying storage device.

 > > Is there a way to manually change the Master Data Domain? Will the
Master Data Domain be reassigned automatically when the current one is
deleted?