Nope in fact I followed the guide and found CTDB works quite well.  I am just
trying to figure out the benefit because that would be another component to
consider in the architecture.

From: Sahina Bose [mailto:sab...@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 4:09 AM
To: Groten, Ryan; users@ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Help understanding Gluster in oVirt

On 01/28/2015 08:59 AM, Groten, Ryan wrote:
I was planning on making a Gluster Data domain to test, and found some great
information on this page:
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/05/ovirt-3-4-glusterized/
The article the author uses the CTDB service for VIP failover.  Is it
possible/recommended to not do this, and just create a gluster volume on all
the hosts in a cluster, then create the Gluster data domain as
localhost:<gluster_vol>?

Theoretically, it should work - if you make sure that you have a replica 3
gluster volume spread across 3 nodes, and these 3 nodes are your compute nodes
as well - you should be fine without CTDB setup for failover and mounting as
localhost.

But I've not tried this to recommend it. Maybe if others have tried it, they
can chime in?

Btw, is there any reason you do not want to set up CTDB?

Thanks,
Ryan
ThTh