Hi Dan,

I have 15 ovirt hosts running vdsm, and no problem with el6 ones. However, all of my el7 hosts (freshly installed because provided with no OS) meet this issue. I don't need ipv6 for the moment (maybe in 10 years :)), so the best way is to deactivate it. As I said, the issue seems to come frome ipv6 dns resolution, so it could be a DNS issue... Something else : before registering the el7 hosts, I use nmtui so as to configure a few network feature, like vlan for the upcoming ovirmgmt network. I didn't take care of the default options in this ui, but maybe something is related to ipv6 here.

Le 16/03/2015 13:08, Dan Kenigsberg a écrit :
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:14:56PM +0100, Sven Kieske wrote:
Was this ever fixed/reported via bugzilla?
To the best of my knowledge, it was never reported, and certainly was
never fixed.

At the moment, I'm not yet sure that there's something to fix in oVirt:
Like Diid, I wouldn't want to disable ipv6 on all hosts. I'd rather
understand why Nathanaël's ipv6 dns lookup fail, and solve this specific
bug.

Nathanaël, could you provide more details on the underlying bug? Do you
think that it is somehow related to ovirt?

On 01/03/15 08:09, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathanaël Blanchet" <blanc...@abes.fr>
To: users@ovirt.org
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 7:22:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Can't put export/iso domain in maintenance mode

I found the issue, all my el7 hosts were blocking in resolving ipv6
fqdn. I deactivated ipv6 with sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 =
1 and all my troubles have gone away (sysctl -w
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1 in sysctl.conf for persistent effect)
Thanks for the report!

I have a question reslating to this : why does el7 hosts deal with ipv6
in ovirt? otopi should deactivate it at the installation step, shouldn't it?
Why?

I didn't try ipv6 with ovirt but a quick search shows it seems to be at least
partially working.

If the above-mentioned blocking was due to default conf/setup, it's probably
a bug.