On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Punit Dambiwal wrote:

I have checked and found two tasks running from last 14 hours and there is no option to kill it...

Inline image 1

from the SPM host :-
[root@cpu11 ~]# vdsClient -s 0 getAllTasksStatuses
{'status': {'message': 'OK', 'code': 0}, 'allTasksStatus': {}}

[root@cpu11 ~]#

Please let me know how i can kill those processes...

There may be a officially blessed method for killing zombie tasks, but my experience is that all you can do is delete them from the database.

On the ovirt-engine server, get a psql shell, e.g.,

  psql -d engine -U postgres

Data about running tasks are stored in the job table. You might find this query interesting:

  select * from job order by start_time desc;

Grab the job_id for the task you want to delete, then use the DeleteJob procedure, e.g.,

  select DeleteJob('8424f7a9-2a4c-4567-b528-45bbc1c2534f');

Give the web GUI a minute or so to catch up with you. The tasks should be gone.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com