Hello.I'm just following up on an mailing list exchange from earlier in the
month that was asking about the possibility of an updated libvirt for
EL7.Sandro mentioned that this was being talked about but that the vdsm team
had worked around the issue and could do what they needed with the existing
supplied libvirt on EL7.I've used a different subject this time to keep the
topic more obvious to where the discussion has evolved to.

Sandro mentioned that the qemu-kvm-ev that is being built - and available on
the cbs.centos.org - would be used in master and also 3.5.x to fix a bug
present in the currently used qemu-kvm under certain circumstances.  A question
was asked about live-merge functionality on EL7, and apparently this was being
investigated.My initial thought is that if we are already going to a newer
version of qemu-kvm than the distro supplied version, then why wouldn't ovirt
want to try and be fairly current with the version they use/consume?  Why not
provide live snapshot merging on this platform?  Why push users over to Fedora?
 Many potential users won't want to use Fedora on their hosts for a number of
reasons.We currently provide qemu-kvm-ev-2.1.2-23.el7.1 on cbs.centos.org.
Qemu 2.3 was released earlier this month.
Are there any plans to bump the qemu-kvm version we currently consume?  It
would be interesting to hear the rationale around what version we use/should be
using.
Thanks,Paul