Am 01.06.15 um 01:32 schrieb Soeren Malchow:
Hi

For a production environment i would not build a 2 node gluster, i would
build at least 3 nodes to have it much easier with the quorum.

Yes, dont build a 2 Node Gluster. Its a pain....

I started of with a two node gluster. In theory it works, but in production it will give you headace.

I switched to 3 Node Gluster. Each connected to each other with 2GBit Bonding nics and i am very happy with it and it seems very stable. Even if one node goes down.

Taking into account that you can use commodity hardware i would also
suggest to split the services, but i would go for at least 3 gluster
nodes – which add up to at least 5 nodes for a HA system.

If you want 4 in any case, then my suggestion would be to go for 4
replicas, each node has anything that it needs to run and you can
basically use NFS to localhost for the storage which would make the
nodes always access the local storage for the VMS, availability wise it
makes no difference.

Cheers
Soeren